Tuesday 8 January 2013

Studio 12, The Model House, Llantrisant

I've got the keys and here it is.  I wish I was a better photographer but I think you'll get the idea.
The Model House itself was originally the workhouse and has been sympathetically renovated.


The studio is approximately 4.5 metres square and has this lovely sash window giving lots of light.  even more light pours in from the vaulted ceiling
There is a real open feeling because of the height and helps create an open feeling.
Not all the studios have a sink but for making felt it's really important to me so I was really pleased that studio 12 had one.
The only negative is the flooring which desperately needs to be replaced.  I think the carpet was originally red but at some point was sprayed black.  whoever sprayed it didn't bother to move furniture, just sprayed around it so there are red squares where I'm assuming cupboards and filing cabinets sat.  I'm going to get something like vinyl flooring put down as soon as I can.

At the moment all the windows to the public areas are covered with a combination of curtains and blinds and  so these can remain until the studio is 'sorted' and I can have a studio opening, hopefully inviting family and friends.  Hopefully next week I'll have made progress and I'll have more to show you,
Ann x


1 comment:

  1. What a project! Can't wait to see what you do with it. You did make me laugh with the bit about spraying around the furniture. That's like something I would do!

    Linda x

    ReplyDelete